Saturday, September 6, 2014

Conversations

The questions hung
a little lopsided
in the air.

Suspended,
waiting.

Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? 
or thy faithfulness in destruction? 
Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? 
and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?

The faces love knew
best were hiding
in the shadows.

Silent,
watching.

Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, 
and mine acquaintance into darkness.

And yet.

And yet.

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness
to all generations.

Oh, Lord, remember!
we cry.

Remember how short my time is.

We ask,
but sometimes
the only response
must come from our own lips.

Blessed be the LORD for evermore.

Amen, and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment