Monday, April 23, 2012

Rambling Man [Or Girl. Or Dog...Or Just Girl and Dog Without the Man]

Easter break afforded me at least one good, long ramble. Sleep is sneaking up on me, but I want to write one more post before I head off to bed. Because my brain is only semi-conscious, this post will be heavy on pictures and light on words.

The dilapidated Johnson barn and barbed wire.


Watching.


Moss is one of my favorite things. I wish I could have a whole bed made out of it. Or I suppose I could just sleep on a rotting log like this one...


Blossoms.


I followed the gulley slicing through our woods until I reached Nanticoke Creek and could follow it upstream. The hoarfrost was still on the lamb's ears and the shadows on the water.


















My faithful Huckleberry was a constantly-moving companion. His nose didn't stop twitching the whole time, poor hound. He doesn't go on rambles enough now that I'm in Bainbridge instead of Nanticoke.

It's a dog's life.








This is an awful picture, but this section of creek was stunning. The water was pure magic.


Up and Out.


And Up some more.



Foxes [and other mystery creatures] have holes...


...and birds of the air have nests...

And Debbies? Well, they have Nanticokes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment