Monday, May 4, 2015

εμψυχώνω (to the sufferers)

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.


 I suffer small.

Some give name, 

kin,

breath, 

blood

to You. 

I suffer small.


I think we suffer so we learn how to love.

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength.

2 comments:

  1. I also have been reading 1 Peter.
    Interesting thought, "we suffer so we learn how to love." Suffering without God's work in us, I think, only produces the same self-centeredness that we all are born into. But the suffering which we undergo as Christians, the suffering in which we have fellowship with Jesus, has much profit. I have been ruminating on the thought that it produces patience, as is said in James and I think elsewhere.

    Someone said how one of the effects of Christian suffering is that it strengthens relationships (or something along those lines...I forget how he said it was phrased) Somehow, it brings us closer to God, and often to others too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Suffering only becomes something of beauty when it is undergone in fellowship with Christ. I think it does bring us closer together--closer to God, closer to one another.

      Delete