Monday, January 12, 2015

White

Bundled up.


Snow dusted, nestled, caught, clasped.





An excerpt from River Teeth

"There comes a time, thanks to rivers, when a few beautiful old teeth are all that remain of the two-hundred-foot spires of life we call trees. There comes a river, whose current is time, that does a similar sculpting in the mind."


Echoes ricocheted from the other side of the iced-over river--children shrieking as they were pulled behind a snowmobile on sleds. If you look closely, you can see them through the gap in the trees.


The ice lives.


And further down, molecules loosen up and water springs over rocks, glad of liberation.


Serene.



5 comments:

  1. I love the snow caught in the plant! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I'd never seen anything quite like it and thought it was pretty lovely myself. :)

      Delete
  2. You made the right choice.
    A snowy walk is better than work.
    (Pictures to share: even better.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I approve of the pictures.)
    (Share more.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I shall next time I'm out with a camera. :) And yes, the walk was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete