Sunday, August 24, 2014

All Is Grace

I don't have the proper words in me right now to express it, but some days God seems to be around every corner. Today was one of those days.

These past few weeks have been full of questions and searching out, wondering and wanting to know why. To my bones, I've known my own weakness, my lack. But God's strength is made perfect in the feeble. We may stumble, we may limp, but our God has made us able to walk whole. The conversations I've had in the past forty-eight hours have unearthed such beauty, such depth in this path I have chosen to walk behind Christ.

Rocks and all, I would choose no other way.

My friends who have shown me the heart of God these past few days, you've been a balm to my black. I thank you.
_____________________________________________

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold thou art fair.
My beloved is mine, and I am his.
I will seek him whom my soul loveth.
_____________________________________________

My little Nolan ran up to me after church today full of laughter. "I drew this for you!" His joy is a gift.


I just twined fairy lights around the archway into my living room. And I'm keeping them up. Their cheer is a gift.


I went for a walk with two dear friends today. Susan grew up on a farm, and we walked to a field drenched in color, gladiolas and zinnias and cockscomb. Their beauty is a gift.


God is around every corner when I stop to look for Him. Every. Corner.

There is no cause for unrest.

I love the days when peace comes like a heavy fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment