Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ambition

After doing some dabbling with watercolors here and there, I decided it was time to take the leap and outfit myself with an easel and some acrylics and all the other odds and ends one needs to paint on canvas rather than just on paper.

The motive?

Painting something to be part of my wedding gift to my dear Amanda and Kevin.

I prepared myself, smock and all.

The first step in painting something wedding-worthy is eyeing your canvas.


Eyeing it really well...


The blank white was a bit daunting.


But then I got started.

Ready, set, PAINT!

Stage 1: Put paint on canvas.



Stage 2: Put more paint on canvas.


Stage 3: Add the secret symbolism that makes it romantic for Amanda and Kevin in particular... (per Amanda's request). 

[Do this by putting more paint on canvas.]


For another part of their wedding gift, I also crocheted my very first afghan from start to finish. It was a good project to keep my hands busy and my lap warm this past winter.

Close-up:


On my bed before getting wrapped up:


If only I had time for things like this always. There aren't enough hours in the day for everything, but it's nice when one can sneak in a little time to add some color to the everyday.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you! :) It was a lot of fun to make. [And do you happen to be Ashlee? If you are, I hope that you and Patrick and baby B. are doing splendidly!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already gushed over them both, but it was so fun the first time around, I'll do it again!

    These are such beautiful gifts! What lucky chums you have to be blessed with your artwork (both painting and afghan).
    Sincerely,
    Green Eyed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pshaw, Abigail, pshaw. That's all I have to say to Green Eyed.

    ReplyDelete