Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Look!

I'm still here!

This must be a record.

So. In post #4 from these past two days I'm going to show you pictures of food.

Yep.

Food.

One of the dearest people in the world is getting married this coming weekend, and I get to be her maid of honor. So naturally I threw her a party. And naturally I made some delicious chocolatey things. And naturally I took really poor quality pictures of the whole affair (actually, I only took pictures of the tiniest sliver of the affair).



Room Without Dear Person Who Is Getting Married:





Room With Dear Person Who Is Getting Married (so much nicer, right?):



Due to the lack of Real People to talk to [see previous post], I will now resort to putting pictures of homemade chocolatey deliciousness on the internet.



Peppermint Patties:






Peanut Butter Buckeyes:




Chocolate Raspberry Trifle:




Cream Puffs:




So there you have it.

In your hour of need, you accidentally stumbled upon my blog looking for wisdom, inspiration perhaps. Hope, even.

And instead I give you pictures of chocolate.

[It was good, though.]


_____________________________________________________


In all seriousness, however, my dear Amanda is a joy and her Kevin is a joy, too. I'm grateful for them both, and I'm grateful that God joined them.

Too many words have been spilled into cards and letters and ears for me to duplicate here, but suffice it to say that this is a marriage God is smiling on.





[Shhh... Don't tell Amanda I posted a picture of her wedding card. She hasn't seen it yet.]

2 comments:

  1. That's one lovely wedding card!

    And I think the apartment should stay that way, a home-y fairyland to greet you when you come home bone-tired.

    AND I want that food right now. RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing--I've kept it a fairyland (minus the crepe paper). The lights never fail to bring cheer and a smile.

    And I'm sorry about the food. I'm afraid I can't grant that wish...

    ReplyDelete