Thursday, August 28, 2014

Habitual

My parents occasionally come to visit me in Bainbridge for one reason or another: to swap cars so mine can get fixed, to eat a meal with me, to go to the Christmas open house at my church.

Dad likes to get comfortable after he arrives, as he's...well, getting a bit up in years. He usually sits in my rocking chair to gain enough energy to amble over to my bookshelf, where he selects whatever strikes his fancy and thumbs through it in his typical fashion: read a bit in the middle, check out the ending, go back to the beginning. (It drives me nuts to see him slice my beloved books up in such a way.)

He's kind of endearing, though.

His newest place to recuperate from the drive over is my bed. Don't worry, I take good care of him and feed him well.


Thanks for the visit, Pops. 

2 comments:

  1. I have all the girls reading this with me (we're SUPPOSED to be canning!), and we all burst into peals of laughter at that picture of Dad. Classic! I have so many childhood memories of him from that vantage point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All children, big and small, need an excuse not to can once in a while... :) It is a classic pose; I figured it had to be captured at least once. He was eating some couscous salad that I made after I was struck with a craving for it; thankfully, I could hop on over to buildabelly and enjoy the fruits of your blogging labor.

    ReplyDelete