Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It Can't Be Denied...

...time has passed.

It's hard to believe that I'm about to start my fourth year of teaching. It feels like yesterday that I was quailing at the thought of stepping into my own classroom for the first time and trying to have it all together.

Despite the rough patches, that first year was a good one.

Looking back at the few pictures I took, I smile.

The highlight of the year was having some of my kids over to my apartment to bake Christmas cookies.  Some of my students had never done it before.






It's not about having it all together.

It's about loving the least of these and helping them grow to see what life can mean.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they did a great job, and made wonderful memories they will never forget...what cute kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were awfully cute. And so sweet when you consider how small my apartment is and how many of them there were! Those who weren't baking made artistic masterpieces (I still have some hanging on my wall), and then they traded off. Good memories, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and again to your post's closing words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what keeps you going when you're part of a System.

    ReplyDelete