Friday, August 22, 2014

Under the Stars

The climax of Millie's birthday party was tenting in the backyard. 

Piper welcomed me to the mansion,


and Millie looked quite pleased through the tent screen.


I looked in and all was a jumble of quilts and pillows and sleeping bags; the nieces had kindly left a rectangle bare for me to make my own nest.




Up.


I found an Ezekiel-urchin enjoying the coziness.


And best of all, I found a wee Aiden-babe enjoying his fist.


He was sheepish at first.


But after looking first one way....


...and then the other...


...he couldn't help but grin outright.


Susannah showed me which bed belonged to whom.


After dark fell, we squeezed in for our adventure.


I had Millie go get some books for us to read. That girl has good taste.


Shadows.





Tenting in August wouldn't be complete without a snowman snowglobe.


I think Pip thought she was smiling sweetly...


A little stargazing to top it all off. Who needs a telescope when you have binoculars?

2 comments:

  1. Susie says, "Those pictures are fanTAStic!"
    "...and don't put anything else down...about me."
    "No, no! Please stop!!!" she says as I type this all....

    Luci says, "Hiiiii."

    These ARE fantastic.

    p.s. So is their aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny--Susie was still talking (in a pleased, self-important sort of way) about how you had embarrassed her when I saw her at the Purdy's. She also is an observant little bird; upon seeing me and doing her usual excited shrieking, she noted, "Hey! You're wearing the same shirt you wore to the State Fair!" How, pray tell, did she know this? Why, by looking at this blog, of course. I thought it was funny. :)

    I'm glad you like the photos.

    I like the children in them much better.

    ReplyDelete